The vision of Expat Media Pro is to usher in a new era of locally-based, culturally-aware media production from the developing world that highlights human dignity.
We do this by producing media for and through mostly humanitarian groups based in the developing world where poverty porn is all too commonly used as a fundraising tactic. We stand against this and work to place faith-based media professionals in short and long-term roles in underserved areas. We also work to train and consult with humanitarian groups who wish to grow in their own media needs and offer ongoing retainer design services.
We envision a future where:
- our network of faith-filled media professionals stretches throughout the developing world
- stories are told in unique and creative ways through multiple media platforms including video, photography, social media and more
- story subjects are always treated with dignity and respect, reflecting the image of God in which we are all created
- organizations doing good in the world are provided with affordable avenues for telling their stories through retainer agreements (web, visual & social media, etc.) or through on-site internships or short/long term assignments
- an emerging financial model makes it possible to supplement donor funding with paid projects
- friendly collaboration exists that encourages EMPs and our associates to serve an entire geographic region rather than just work 100% of the time for one group, thereby raising the level of quality media for the many rather than the few
Meet our team and contact us to learn more.