Do you work with non-profits that are in pretty constant need of video footage from exotic spots on the map?
I know I do.
The problem is finding footage I can use to illustrate the story I’m trying to tell.
What if we created a free members-only site where trusted friends from all over the world could upload their footage they take on their iPhones, tablets, Androids, DSLRs, etc.?
Here’s what I’m thinking:
- I envision a place where I can find footage from Afghanistan, India, the Arab Gulf, Pakistan, etc. from a variety of normal people equipped with mobile devices or better.
- The artists upload to a folder they are given access to
- Someone checks out the footage and ensures the quality is good enough (and by good enough our standards are pretty low when we’re looking for anything).
- Someone may edit the footage into a more concise offering, then add it to a collection broken down by country.
- The artist retains the rights and works with the individual/group wishing to use the footage to determine if there is payment needed, security issues to be aware of, model releases available (if needed), etc.
- Why not just use stock footage sites? True, there are many out there but the cost can be prohibitive and many times I can’t find anything usable on the specific location I want.
Want to be involved as an artist or user? Send me an email.